As you guys saw, I went backstage at the Mark Fast show at London Fashion Week with Catwalk by Tigi. Their Session Director Maria Kovacs was creating the hair look for the show and I got to see her in action! The look was a clean, slick ponytail with a playful, rebellious fringe and it’s actually a look that translates seamlessly from catwalk to reality… I really like this look – it’s romantic and rebellious at the same time.I promised I’d bring you a step by step guide to recreating this look so here it is! If you do give it a go, tag me in your pics so I can see and hashtag #catwalkbyTigi! And of course, let me know if you have any questions…
1. Begin by applying Catwalk by TIGI Transforming Dry Shampoo. I love this product – I think it’s my fave from the range… Mainly because dry shampoo is my daily saviour and I can’t live without it. Here, it adds texture to the hair and makes it easier to work with.
2. Follow by using the Bodifying Spray – this smoothes hair back to create a sleek and clean look, all while building the fabric of the hair.
3. Part the hair in a low side parting – a guide is if you follow the inside of the eyebrow. Use the Root Boost to keep control of the parting, and blow dry the hair downwards to really keep the shape clean.
4. Tie the hair into a low ponytail and leave an inch of hair at the front out for the fringe. Wrap a section of the hair around bobble for a sleek finish.
5. Now for the fringe. To create this, you need some hairspray and a hairdryer. Maria taught me a great trick – if you blowdry the hair in the direction you want it to go while spraying it at the same time, it actually holds shape much better.
6. Set the look with the Work It hairspray for a natural, effortless finish.
Et voila – the finished product!
What do you think?! I love this look! It’s so easy to create at home but looks quite impressive… Give it a go!
For more how to inspiration from the catwalk please visit Catwalk’s YouTube channel. And make sure to follow @catwalkbytigi and @mariakovacs on Instagram!
I worked with Catwalk by Tigi on this post – it’s a brand I love and hope you do too!