There are sooo many beauty hacks on the internet right now – everywhere you look there’s a new article about how to foolproof your beauty routine.
But these are the top tips and tricks I’ve learnt along the way that actually work for me and help me out on a day-to-day basis. Let me know what you think!
- Apply brown mascara to the lower lashes. This gives you a softer and more flattering look. I actually learnt this from Kylie Jenner (no shame in my game), who Snapchatted her entire make-up look and named this as one of her top tricks.
- Wring your hair out before you apply conditioner. This one is actually largely unknown, which is crazy because it makes so much sense! When your hair is sopping wet, your conditioner becomes watered down, which means two things – 1. The product doesn’t work as well. 2. You have to use more product.
- Use a white or nude eyeliner on the waterline. This is a longstanding make-up trick to make your eyes pop, and help you look less tired. I find an even more brightening option is using a metallic nude eyeliner – it really makes your eyes sparkle.
- Heat your eyelash curlers with a hairdryer before using them. Just a few seconds – you want them to be warm, not hot, so test the temperature on your forearm before going ahead with the eyelashes! When your curlers are heated, the results are more dramatic and last a lot longer.
- Sleep with coconut oil on your hair. I dye my hair and style it quite often, so it can often become dry and a bit frazzled-looking. When it does, I apply coconut oil all over – roots to tips – and leave it on overnight. You wake up with shiny, sleek locks! Just make sure you put an old tshirt over your pillow so your pillowcase doesn’t get ruined!
- Get rid of spots with just one product. When it comes to banishing spots, I’ve tried it all. But I’ve only found one thing that genuinely works: Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Gel. Honestly, it’s like magic – I apply a dot to the affected area before going to sleep and it’s shrivelled to almost nothing come morning!
- Use dry shampoo for, well, pretty much everything. I get through sooo much Batiste, honestly. Dry shampoo is great for so many things, not just covering up grease! I use it on freshly washed hair to add volume, before doing updos to add texture and on plaits to thicken them out. And, of course, on the (more frequent than I’d like to admit) days when I just can’t be bothered to wash my hair…!
- Repair your cracked powder compact make-up with alcohol. My heart sank when I dropped my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (in Soft & Gentle, for highlighting, in case you wanted to know!) the other day. It’s painful. BUT – all is not lost. You can revive your cracked compact powder by using rubbing alcohol (I buy mine from Amazon). Pour some in to the compact until it’s all absorbed, then mix it with your fingers. It should then become paste-like, flatten this out as best you can, and leave to dry. Voila!
- Use setting spray. I feel weird and a little bit naked when I leave the house without using setting spray. The Urban Decay All-Nighter is incredible – your make-up will.not.budge.
- Sharpen the edges of your lipstick with concealer. I don’t do this every day, but when I’m wearing a bold lip for a night out, I line the lips so that the lipstick doesn’t bleed out into the natural creases of the skin around your mouth. Just line the outside of your lips in concealer, and you’ll have a much sharper look that makes your lips pop!
Hope you enjoyed these tips/they were helpful – leave a comment if you have any questions at all!